Mental health refers to your overall psychological well-being: the way you think, behave, handle challenges, stress, and bounce back from it all. The current pandemic has affected many of our mental health but these 3 simple things can help you take control of your mental health.
1. GROWING MICROGREENS IN KITCHEN GARDEN
· Numerous studies show a positive and therapeutic effect horticulture has on our health. Concentrating on tending and watering our plants induces a calming effect. In fact, soil makes our brain react in the same way as antidepressants!
2. DEVELOPING AN INTEREST IN COOKING
· Investing your time and energy on achievable creative projects like cooking and baking can make you happier and more relaxed according to a study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology. No wonder baking banana bread has been all the rage during this pandemic!
3. CLEANING AND DECLUTTERING
· It’s natural to feel stressed and anxious when things are out of order… including our homes. Cleaning utilizes our mind – we feel a sense of accomplishment because our decision making and problem-solving skills are put to use, not to mention, you get a clean household!
Try these out and let us know if it helps alter your state of mind in any positive way.